The Birmingham Track Club promotes fitness and a healthy running lifestyle for its members. Part of this involves consistency, and the BTC wants to reward its members for that consistency. So in 2008 the BTC started the 1200 Mile Club.
Here's the way it works:
You keep a training log of all mileage you run during each month.
At the end of the month, you will receive an email with a link to an online form to submit your miles.
The results will be posted in the BTC Newsletter and continuously updated on the BTC web site so that you may track your progress.
If, by the end of the year, you have completed at least 1200 miles, then you will receive a special BTC "1200 Mile Club" branded gift.
Registration & Information:
Some rules and requirements:
Must be a BTC member in good standing to participate in the 1200 Mile Club. Not a member and want in on this deal? JOIN NOW!
It is the runner's responsibility to keep accurate track of all mileage. It is also the runner's responsibility to submit mileage to the 1200 Mile Club. There will be a monthly deadline for submissions.
Races count. Training miles count. Any miles you would count in a normal training log, you can count here.
Email address for information or problems: firstname.lastname@example.org
More detailed instructions:
- We’ve made some changes to the way we track miles for the 1200 Mile Club. We hope you find these changes make it even easier to report and track your miles each month. From now on, you will receive an e-mail at the beginning of each month that reminds you to report your miles for the previous month. The e-mail will contain a link for you to use for reporting your miles. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Wait for the monthly e-mail reminder
- Click the link in the e-mail to go to the reporting form
- Choose your name from the list on the form
- Enter your miles
- Click the submit button
- That’s it. A few quick clicks of the mouse, type your miles and you’re done. After you submit your miles, you’ll be able to visit the BTC web site and see an updated report that includes your submission. The report is automatically updated every five minutes so you if you don’t see your submission added right away, wait a few minutes and refresh the web page. By the way, many participants track their miles to the nearest 0.01 mile because that's what modern GPS devices report. The summary report on the web page will round everything to the nearest mile for the sake of brevity but your hundredths are still recorded.
- So that we have a modest amount of security without requiring a login, the reporting link will change each month. You will need to wait for the e-mail reminder to report your miles. Also, the link will only be good for the month following the one you are reporting.